I started my J2EE project at home tonight and it’s taking a lot longer than I thought. Having worked with proprietary servers for the past three years has caused my J2EE skills to become extremely rusty. Ok who am I kidding, how about non-existent.
I installed the Lomboz v2.1.1 with Eclipse 3.0 and Tomcat 5.0.14 beta. Lomboz out of the box has support for many servers including JBoss, BEA Weblogic, and Tomcat. But it doesn’t have a server definition for Tomcat 5.0 yet. So I attempted to create one. I copied the 4.1.0 entry, renamed it 5.0 and changed the directory locations. After many attempts, I couldn’t get the start/stop feature to work from the Lomboz J2EE view. My Tomcat always has the little red exclamation icon..
By the time I finally got this to work, it was 1:00 AM and I desperately needed to go to bed. Hopefully now that I have the setup usable, I can get a bit further with the code. If anyone has a better solution let me know.