banshee and older iPods

With the release of banshee 1.0, podsleuth was re-written to work with later models of iPods but ended up breaking compatibility with 3rd gen iPods (like mine). I tried creating a patch but C# is not my forte and time was lacking as well.

But today I found that a patch was committed that fixes bug #486661: commit 8c17bbb6e3fa9bd39c4c43c0e28a30a6795a189c in podsleuth.

I downloaded the F9 src.rpm from koji and created a patch from the above mentioned commit. I rebuilt the rpm and installed it on my Fedora 9 x86_64 machine. I’m happy to say I’m back in business!

[jmrodri@firebird podsleuth]$ rpm -qa 'podsleuth*'
podsleuth-0.6.4-2.zeus.fc9.x86_64
podsleuth-devel-0.6.4-2.zeus.fc9.x86_64

Thanks to Nicolas Cortot for submitting the patch, and to Gabriel Burt for applying the patch.

banshee-ipod

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s