Weekend projects

This weekend I changed the oil in both the Grand Caravan and the Mazdaspeed 3. I used Mobil 1 for both vehicles. While under the van I noticed that the power steering bypass hose the dealer put on a few months ago was hanging below the frame in what looked like a dangerous situation.

I ended up zip tying the hose to the frame to keep it out of danger, the thought of ripping out the power steering hose seemed like a bad idea 😉

The other project I did this weekend was to replace the Kenmore 1/3 hp disposal with a new Kenmore 3/4hp disposal. The installation was pretty easy, I only ran into one issue, the drain hose for the dishwasher was cracked, so I had to run to Lowe’s to get a replacement. I was almost done putting it back too.

The disposal wasn’t ‘disposing’ very well, and the rubber seal at the top was completely malformed and didn’t cover up the drain very well. Plus it was just time for a new one. Here is the old one before I ripped it out:

The new Kenmore 3/4 hp disposal ready for installation.

Everything is out, time to start the installation of the new disposal.

ALL DONE! So far no leaks, and it works pretty well. I’ll monitor it for the next few days to make sure we don’t start leaking.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s