Moving the PS3 between different TVs, the HDMI didn’t show any video output.
I had to reset the video output. Here’s how you do it.
- Turn off the PS3.
- Plug in the HDMI cable to the PS3 and the TV.
- Remove the A/V multi-out composite cable from the PS3.
- Turn the TV on and switch it over to the HDMI input where the PS3 is plugged in.
- Press, and hold, the power button on the PS3 until you hear a 2nd beep. It will beep once when you initially press it, and a 2nd time shortly thereafter. Once you hear the 2nd beep you can remove your finger from the power button.
- The PS3 should handshake with the TV via HDMI and automatically select the appropriate resolutions.
This is a poem I wrote when Adán our first son was born.
¿Por qué me llamo así?
Porque eres el primero
Para que tengas algo de tu padre
Para que te recuerda de tu familia
Lo que tiene mucho la familia para ti
-Jesús Miguel Rodríguez
One day at work we joked about getting OS/2 Warp running in a guest (I’m was an OS/2 user as late as 2004). I decided to dust off the old OS/2 Warp 4 CD and give it a shot. It installed surprisingly easy, and I forgot how ugly it was 🙂
Here are some of the installation screenshots:
OS/2 boot splash
OS/2 text install
OS/2 gui install progress
OS/2 Warp 4 installed and running