Moving the PS3 between different TVs, the HDMI didn’t show any video output.
I had to reset the video output. Here’s how you do it.
- Turn off the PS3.
- Plug in the HDMI cable to the PS3 and the TV.
- Remove the A/V multi-out composite cable from the PS3.
- Turn the TV on and switch it over to the HDMI input where the PS3 is plugged in.
- Press, and hold, the power button on the PS3 until you hear a 2nd beep. It will beep once when you initially press it, and a 2nd time shortly thereafter. Once you hear the 2nd beep you can remove your finger from the power button.
- The PS3 should handshake with the TV via HDMI and automatically select the appropriate resolutions.